Monday, May 10, 2010

Beloved Christians and atheists of R&S? Do you often marvel at the granduer of a man being nailed to a cross??

I often find myself in awe of such a great sight that I am compelled to wear around my neck, a symbol that depicts such an act.





how about you???Beloved Christians and atheists of R%26amp;S? Do you often marvel at the granduer of a man being nailed to a cross??
I am singularly unimpressed by the sacrifice that he made and then took back three days later, in order to pay off a debt we only owed because he had unilaterally decreed that we did.Beloved Christians and atheists of R%26amp;S? Do you often marvel at the granduer of a man being nailed to a cross??
I see no more grandeur in that than I do in the thieves crucified next to him.





And to those who don't believe in crucifixion as a form of execution, they were nailed on the crosses, not tied. The nails went into the wrists, not the middle of the hands, which allowed some of the victims to hang for days. After the Spartacus incident, the roads were lined with crosses of crucified rebels. Death was usually caused by suffocation when the muscles of the legs could no longer support the weight of the body, which allowed the torso to slip to a position where breathing was impossible.
I marvel at the man who loved me and you so much that He allowed Himself to be tortured, and hanged on that cross so that yours and my sins can be forgiven. I marvel at a love so grandeur and unselfish. I marvel at His sacrifice for you and me when He took our sins upon His body and died in our place when He had none.





I wear my necklace with the cross on it around my neck to help remind me and others of the fact that the cross is now empty. He lives! Praise God!
If it is just the sight of it, then why don't you wear an image of Odin around your neck hanging on that great windswept tree? Or any of the other countless sacrificial gods/images presented in the Golden Bough that use the same imagery?





It is not very grand when it is not original. Then its just someone being a copycat. And not even children admire a copycat, why should adults?
I don't get it personally. Like Lenny Bruce pointed out it was the form of capital punishment of Jesus' time. If Jesus were put to death by a modern day government would you wear a golden lethal injection needle around your neck, or a little silver electric chair?
These are cultist torture fanatics who a prone to start wars.





It's best to focus on Christ's good deeds. I don't think we have to ignore his suffering or sacrifice, but to be fascinated by it a la Mel Gibson is a sign of sever dysfunction.
Most Christians don't wear such a symbol around their neck or have it up anywhere. But I'm pleased you are in awe of such an incredible sacrifice Jesus made and in awe of such a miraculous resurrection!





God bless.
I granduer the probability of only one protein forming randomly being a staggering statistical probability of 1.28 X 10 175th, and yet that is only one protein in trillions that make up one dna strand.
No one ever thinks about how morbid that is. The Christian version of the cross is a symbol of death. I find it a head scratcher how a religion that supposedly celebrates life focuses so much on death.
If a Christian wears a cross, they're not commending the practice of crucifixion, because that was barbaric torture; it's a reminder of someone who loved us enough to go through that torture even though many of us reject him all our lives.
Put it this way, if someone I loved was killed in a crashed car, I would be unlikely to wear a model of a beaten up car round my neck to honour his death. It is perverted and nasty and makes my skin crawl.
I often marvel at the grandeur of a man.....I don't know about the cross part though :P





edit: I don't believe I would....is there something worth marvelling other...? perhaps you should show me....
Yes I find myself enthralled with the notion of watching a person suffer terribly and needlessly because of one supreme deity's insistence on not admitting to screwing up.
I find it amazing that christians wear a PAGAN symbol that their savior was supposedly killed on.
If Jesus had been ground into burger meat, would you wear a meat grinder??





How about genuflection, would that be done by swirling your fist as if operating the grinder?
I find it violent, foul, degrading, abhorent, and evil.
He was most likely HUNG on the cross, not nailed. It would be physically impossible to remain there for 3 hours if he were nailed.
Actually, I prefer the ritual cannibalism, er, I mean Communion. ;-)
No, a guy nailed on a cross that way wouldn't last an hour till those darn nails ripped itself.
I marvel at the love it took to endure such a fate on our behalf.
Yes I marvel at the cross that our Savior gave his life on


for the sins of man.
Not so much, it's pretty gruesome really.
gross lol...i never understood why christians wear it.
What gets me is how much suffering he went through to forgive my sins that I don't even care about! MAn that must of hurt..Wooooo!
That's sick.
Ah, the sarcasm. This is called trolling, lol
Jesus is a legend i am proud to wear a cross too
I second to the second post.


yeah, it麓s a nasty way to die

No comments:

Post a Comment