Thursday, January 21, 2010

Don't you agree it was a great day when Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross???

I for one am happy they nailed him to the cross, aren't you???Don't you agree it was a great day when Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross???
I am glad that Jesus was obedient even to the point of death on the cross. I can not even imagine what he went through,physically,mentally,and spirittually.





Body ripped to shreds, with whips laced with sharp objects, by professionally brutal men. Beard torn from his face. Beaten and spit on. Long 3-4'' thorns jammed into his scalp. Humiliated,mocked. Spikes,(not nails) driven into both of his wrists,and both of his feet. Denied just a sip of water. Rejected by the Father, and ultimately suffocating to death(some scholars believe) not being able to lift his torso high enough to take a breath because of total exhaustion.





Yes, It was a great day for you and I.Don't you agree it was a great day when Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross???
I'm sorry Terminator, it was just the way you worded it that made me respond the way I did. Please forgive me.

Report Abuse



As long as you remember that Jesus was only one among many who suffered the exact same fate. His torture and death does not make him unique.

Report Abuse



YES!! but it was even better 3 days later. Don't you think?
Another 'Yes and No' depending on how one interprets your question.





Me (honestly) thinks you should re-phrase!





The Ol' Sasquatch 脺
The day could have been spent in worse ways.
yup,,,,,without him we wouldnt have a chance
Yes, and no. I am thankful for the forgiveness and eternal salvation, however I am heart broken that He had to endure the torture He endured.
Yes I do agree....By His willingness to allow that to happen (He layed down His life for us), the door to salvation is now opened. We can now be healed, enjoy prosperity and good health, boldly approach The Throne of Grace, and He now can live in our hearts because of The Holy Spirit. PEACE!!!
No.





Are you insane? Why would anyone think that the day someone is tortured to death is a good day?





By the gods, and you say that Atheists and non Christians are terrible. None of us wish that kind of horror on anyone.
Yes.
yes and no...i'm glad for his sacrifice...appreciative...but think of the pain he suffered...he suffered for everyone...and some just don't care...it's terrible
This is a fundamental flaw in the Christian doctrine. If your savoir doesn鈥檛 get crucified you go to hell. So, if he slips on his way up the hill you have pick him up to make sure he gets nailed. What a terribly wonderful and logical religion.
It was ordained by God and no matter what I am not happy over the matter even though he died for us. The cross was a horrible day.
There is no actual proof that Jesus was in fact nailed to a cross, that was all written down sometime later. The Gospel according to Mark was written several decades later, and he wasn't an eye witness to the event. I believe that Jesus actually walked this earth, and was a really decent fellow who had some very great ideas about how we could lead our lives in order to make this world a better place. ';Faith Based'; religion, like Judaism, Christianity and Islam are just that, faith based, and have very little to do with actual history which has been proven time and again.


My question for you is, you claim you were playing mind games with the non-believers, and if you are Christian as you say, which means you should be living your life in a Christ-like fashion, how do you think Jesus would feel if you were playing mind games, which is deceitful at best?....For shame!!!!
i am quite happy that God gave us this salvation, although perhaps I would of worded it a bit different. Comes across a little harsh huh. Yes sad truth it is His own people denied Him. And yes it was a part of Gods new covenant to us.
yes it was!! He went through all that suffering and pain for me because He loves me so so much
YES!!!! BECAUSE ONLY THROUGH THAT COULD HE BEAT DEATH AND PAY FOR MY SINS!


GO JESUS.
I'm not glad, but i appreciate all that he has sacrificed for everyone.
t. what are you trying to do,bring all the bad out of people,with the trick of wording.
Uh ........ I'm a Christian but .......... somehow what you just said rubs me wrong. I am very thankful to my Lord for dying for me and saving a sinner like me but to say it was a great day when they killed him? No. That's not right to say that.
No not really, cuase it shows how wicked people can be.
he didn't need to die that way eventhough on the third day he resurected,his message would have reach the world because he he was extraordinary .nailing him on the cross proved only one thing that on earth the only savagebeeings are the human beeings.
It was the most terrible day in history - when mankind murdered its Creator.


It was the most wonderful day in history - when the true nature of God was demonstrated before all creation, destroying the power of the Slanderer, Satan and destroying the claim he had against all mankind, which was the guilt of violated law.


Still I am glad it wasn't the end of the story !
It was a Great Day to be sure, commemorated through the centuries by millions.





I may not use the word happy to describe the day. Just as I would not use happy to describe D-Day 1944 another Great Day. :)





The greatness of both those days came at a high price, so I would prefer to remember both with sombriety rather than happiness.
It was a victory over Satan - a price Jesus knew He would have to pay if ALL were to have the chance of salvation. It was a Victorious day - one I am grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment