Saturday, January 23, 2010

My god carries a hammer, yours was nailed to a cross - any questions?

lol i just read that on a t-shirt and thought it was funny. another one i like is ';solstice is the reason for the season'; oh, and ';if the broom fits, ride it';





i found those at this website after being inspired by pangels question about t-shirts http://www.cafepress.com/buy/pagan/-/sor…





do you have any cute slogans you like that pertain to your religion?My god carries a hammer, yours was nailed to a cross - any questions?
Yeah ....I was just wondering how high you'll be able to jump over the flames when your god comes after you with that hammer?My god carries a hammer, yours was nailed to a cross - any questions?
i don't know about sayings but theres a lot of smiting in there when they do talk haha
Only sheep need a shepherd.
People see humor differently and in different things. I'm sure you meant no harm, but I found the first saying offensive. The others were, OK.
This one is still circulating around the Democratic Underground site:





';Get a brain, moran!';
';I don't believe in God because


I don't believe in Mother Goose.';
Critical Thinking Saves Lives
Some that I have chuckled at are:





* Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.





* It's your god. They're your rules. *You* go to hell.





* I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didn't work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness





* As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools.





* You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.





I do not mean to offend anyone with these and they don't pertain to my religion =)
DAMNED, BlueManticore was faster. I meant to post those! :)
Shivian Montar Balaris came up with some great ones in his comic strip ';Oh My Gods!'; found at http://ohmygods.timerift.net/


He doesn't descriminate, he pokes fun at all religions, even his own. :-)





Wicca: Pretending to be an ancient religion since 1957.


Asatru: Pillaging and burning long before Microsoft.


Shamanism: Trancing out, getting high, %26amp; speaking in tongues since before Woodstock.


Christianity: Killing you in God's name for over 2000 years.


Judaism: Believing they are the chosen ones for over 5000 years.


Eclectic: Indecisive spirituality since before Madonna.


Hinduism: Worshipping cows since before McDonalds.


Buddhism: Being spiritually apathetic longer than anyone else.


Hoodoo: Old ladies hurling curses since before Jerry Springer.


Astrology: Scapegoating Mercury retrograde... even when it's not.


Discordia: Using Chaos as a tool since before the Bush campaign.


Chaos Magick: Creating servitors using toilet plungers since before charmed.


Scientology: Making celebrities pay for God since 1950.
As far as the god has a hammer, and yours was nailed to a cross...but My God conquered death and Hell, so I can be saved! So My God is bigger than THAT !
Nice, I'd never heard that one before...though I had heard the other two.
don´t play with god..... was that funny???
Love it. I would wear one for sure! I've always liked the expression ';If you ask 5 Pagans the same question, you'll get 6 answers';lol. One of the best things about Pagans is how many have a great sense of humour and can joke about ourselves.


Blessings
i'm athorist, deal with it
http://www.cafepress.com/heathenry
7 days without prayer makes one weak
LOL! ... ;-) ... ';I'm an atheistic pagan. I reject many gods.';





“Yes, it all makes sense now! God is always right. God made atheists. Therefore, atheists are right.” -- Unkn.





Not atheism, but... “A well wokked dog never grows old.”
I saw this one about a month or two ago:





Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic.





::smirks::
Oh-Din





Fabulous.





How about ';I think therefore He isn't';
Life without Jesus Christ is full of Crisis
How about:





';Jesus is LARD';





';Know Jesus, No Peace.


No Jesus. Know Peace';





';There's a sucker born-agian every minute';





You get a star for this one!





';Jesus Loves Me, But I Make Him Wear A Condom';
i think those are crap if u think there funny u need to get right with God
What you see on a t-shirt, does not make it true, I have never read where God was nailed to the cross, How can they nail a spirit, God is a spirit %26amp; always will be, God is not flesh, Jesus Christ his only Begotten Son was nailed to the cross, Jesus is the one that died, Not God, People let's get the Godhead correct. Your god may have died, but My God did not, his Son did.
Unfortunately Jesus isn't god, so that t-shirt is... stupid.
I find that quite offensive actually. It just proves the ignorance of some. Jesus Christ is NOT a Christian's god. He was our Savior. His Father is our God.
eh, your god(s) is/are just as not real as the Christian god.





EDIT





The more I think about this, the more I get upset. At first I thought ';eh, more theist propaganda.'; Now, I think this is like 6 year olds in the park ';My god can beat up your god.';





Frankly, isn't that the attitude that leads to things like holy wars and genocide? Wasn't that the attitude of the Christians who forced the conversion of Europe's pagans, the Native Americans, and started the Holy Crusades?





Nope, I don't like this attitude one bit. I don't care how many ';thumbs down'; I get. This is the kind of thing I fight against as an atheist.
YOUR GOING TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…

No comments:

Post a Comment