Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is Jesus bothered by people wearing crosses showing him nailed up and suffering?

If that happened to me, I don't think I would be impressed. It seems fairly cruel.Is Jesus bothered by people wearing crosses showing him nailed up and suffering?
Yes he is


Wearing a cross is almost the same as idolatry


and plus, he never told us to do this,


he told us to remember the day when he sacrificed his life for us, but not to wear a cross around our necksIs Jesus bothered by people wearing crosses showing him nailed up and suffering?
I like questions that force me out of my box: thank you.





My (Protestant) culture frowns on crucifixes: they're all to do with Catholic idolatry. That's my background talking.





Now I think about it properly, I can see some value in them. The image of the crucified Savior would remind me of what evil does: it hurts the innocent, it's violent, destructive, unjust. I need that reminder whenever I'm tempted to lie, cheat, surrender to my aggression, trample on other people's achievements, and so on. The Gospel says: God knows I'm like that, forgives me for being like that, but never wants me to forget that forgiveness isn't cheap and can't undo the damage done with a snap of the fingers. The Cross is a timeless emblem of the good man who suffers because of other people's wickedness, a constant challenge to me to ask: so, am I a cause of suffering in others, or part of the remedy?





For me, as for everyone else, the answer can only be: I'm a bit of both. I can be kind and generous; but I can also be very wrapped up in myself, and am keenly aware that my affluent Western lifestyle contributes indirectly to the poverty and squalor of the Third World. So God still suffers wherever his people do - another meaning of the crucified Christ - and that knowledge should weigh on my conscience.





I don't think I shall be wearing a crucifix any time soon, but I'm glad you made me ask myself if it really is such a dreadful idea. On balance I think not.
Christians consider the cross a symbol of Jesus' sacrifice.





As many have noted before, if the Romans' mode of execution was hanging, the electric chair, or lethal injection, Christians would be wearing little nooses, electric chairs or hypodermics around their necks.





However, it might be noted that the symbol of the cross predates Christianity by many centuries. You can find crosses present in almost every civilization, including those that existed long before Christianity.
No, He's not bothered in the least bit. He went through a lot of pain and effort and appreciates being remembered for what He went through. People like to think empty cross and resurrection, but you can't get there except by means of the cross. The cross you described reminds us to stay real.
No, Jesus wouldn't be bothered by people wearing crosses. It represents the great act of love he gave to us. Oh, and if you people want to quote Deuteronomy 5:8 to me, that only refers to idols. Unless you want to worship your necklace, you're fine. An idol is anything you place above God. Since a cross is just a symbol OF God, it's not an idol. If you want to go down that road, the internet is like an idol if you place it before God.
Jesus died on the cross because he knew that that was the only way we can go to heaven. not by being a good person or anything. it's just sa though because these people don't realize that Jesus isn't on the cross anymore. he rose again three days later to prove that he was the only who can defeat death, the grave, and hell.
No. It all depends on our intent. Or should I say why we where the that cross. Some ppl wear it to show their appresiation to him, some to let others know their beliefs or to make a fashion statment. I could go on and on but...





my point is that as long as we wear it for good reasons, he likes it Im sure. After all, he knows our reasoning better then anyone.
Cruel?





I'm sure he would be much more upset about thousands of other things going on in the world right now.





Anyhow, people do not wear a crucifix to be cruel, it is to always remember His suffering, and His sacrifice.
Yes.





Deuteronomy 5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
You are right on the mark. It would be offensive to him.





This is what he said: I will have mercy, and not sacrifice.





This explains how this emphasis on crucifixion got started. It was a mistake. http://gospelenigma.com
Well your not God. No He is not offended. It is showing that we are not ashamed of Him and are showing the fact that we are Christian. It is a reminder of His love for us.
I don't have a crucifix,I have a cross but no one is on it.


for me to have an empty cross just shows that he is no longer on the cross but he is risen.
In my opinion, I don't think so. Wearing a crucifix identifies you as a Christian so I think that Jesus appreciates it.
I don't think he has a problem with what people on the outside. He is focused on the inside. Walk around naked. He wouldn't care.
I prefer the empty cross as it indicates he is risen
That's why he hasn't come back. Crosses mean ';No Jews Wanted.';
no, i dont think so. i would be proud! people wear those to show that they remember that he suffered for us! thats alot of peoples way to show that they love him
i would feel proud if it was there to remind us of the sacrifices he made and wear the reminder near our hearts
  • olay cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment