Friday, January 15, 2010

If you were a passerby at Calvary while Jesus was nailed on the cross, what would be your reactions?

Would you see any significance in what was happening?





thank you for answering


have a nice dayIf you were a passerby at Calvary while Jesus was nailed on the cross, what would be your reactions?
I WOULD HAVE DONE EXACTLY WHAT MARY HAD DONE,WIPING THE BLOOD OF MY MASTER JESUS, THE BLOOD THAT MEANS SILENCE ON THE SOUNDY EARTH OF SINS.If you were a passerby at Calvary while Jesus was nailed on the cross, what would be your reactions?
I would think that he was being put to death for a crime, and knowing how Roman rule worked, I would wonder if he was actually guilty.





Beyond that, I would hate the Romans for invading my homeland and subjecting so many of my people to such agonizing death, and probably say a prayer to the G-d of my fathers to free his people from Roman bondage. (As, being in Jerusalem at festival, I would have been Jewish.)





I probably would have heard rumours of him, and seeing the sign on the cross, I would wonder if he really was trying to set himself up as a king, or if he just preached as a prophet and was horribly misunderstood.





I may not read any messianic significance into it.
Pastor Burroughs


Yes only the sinners our noun believers would have not seen the Miracle that was unfolding.


Remember Jesus saying that His father forgive them for they don't know.


Lu 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.


Ignorance does not excuse altogether a crime if the ignorance be wilful, but it diminishes its guilt. They had evidence; they might have learned his character; they might have known what they were doing, and they might be held answerable for all this. But Jesus here shows the compassion of his heart, and as they were really ignorant, whatever might have been the cause of their ignorance, he implores God to pardon them. He even urges it as a reason why they should be pardoned, that they were ignorant of what they were doing; and though men are often guilty for their ignorance, yet God often in compassion overlooks it, averts his anger, and grants them the blessings of pardon and life. So he forgave Paul, for he





';did it in ignorance, in unbelief,';
In his death Jesus gave us an example of fidelity in suffering (Luke). Jesus’ death was part of his work in revealing God, his glorious return to the Father (John) and the pledge of his second coming (Revelation).





According to Mark, there were two charges made against Jesus: He threatened to destroy the Temple and in three days to “build another, not made with hands” (14:58), and he claimed to be “the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One” (14:61). There was surely some historical basis for these allegations.





Jesus’ threat against the Temple fits with his symbolic prophetic action in “cleansing” the Temple (Mk 11:15-19) and his prophecy about its destruction (Mk 13:1-2). For the Jewish leaders, merchants and construction workers whose livelihood depended on the smooth running of the Temple, the slightest threat against the Temple—even a symbolic one—would have been taken very seriously.
I would be upset at the sight of anyone nailed to a cross. Men can be so cruel to each other.





I don't know what my reaction to Jesus would be. If I knew who it was I would be devastated. It still devastates me. I am crying as I type this.





I gave Rev. Soleil a thumbs up. I know he is atheist, but he is a man with compassion.
My reaction would be the same as if I heard on the news about another school/mall/post office/ large open area/ small enclosed area shooting in the US.


Violence is no less common now than it was then, and the reaction is the same; I've got things to do, so I'll go and do them.
Well, Nightshift:





I'd probably be disappointed and say something like the two did on the walk to Emmaeus: ';And we thought he was the deliverer of Israel.';





Could the majority today misconstrue the texts of Christ's coming and actually prepare the way for Satan? After all, there are many texts that tell of Earth's destruction at Christ's coming, like the elements melting with fervent heat, the atmosphere disolving, etc...





Yet the majority think Christ will land here and establish His kingdom for 1,000 years.





God sets things straight in the Bible code at http://abiblecode.com





Bessings, Ben Yeshua
Look in the real world.


Decode this lyrics '; You'll see ';


';Wonderful world';


Will be at loss and blurred?


While on the way?


Bumping into Jesus passing by walking away and whispered


Who was that up there?


Luke 21.30-36


Luke 24.44-45,47-48


John 1.20


Matt 27.3-5


What do you think?
I would have said, ';Hey look, it's a human sacrifice.'; Nah just kidding. I would have thought he was being punished for a crime just like the other two guys beside him. You know, non-sacrificially.
I would see a criminal being executed by the state, as would you. Unless I had followed him previously, how could I possibly see anything else?
Considering that crucifixions were commonplace in those days, I'd probably fail to grasp any significance.
It would be upsetting of course, but lots of people were crucified I wouldn't see it as particularly significant.
I'd turn and head in the other direction to get away from this barbarous backwater as quickly as possible...
if i saw jeus being nailed on a corss? probly think ';ow glad thats not me. who did he piss off?'; thats about it.
Holy smokes; that game of hang-man has gone horribly awry.
Religion is for people who cannot accept the fact that they are going to die.
I would blame Bam for doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment