Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When Jesus was nailed to the cross and about to die?

why did he say God why have you forsaken me? Does this mean he was a normal human being with strong beliefs that let him down in the end? I would just like to know you opinions.When Jesus was nailed to the cross and about to die?
It is possible he said nothing of the sort. The bible has been translated and altered countless times that it is widely open to interpretation. What ever he said, he was a great man, who should be respected for his work.When Jesus was nailed to the cross and about to die?
What would you say if you were nailed to a cross or about to die (or to use a more modern example sentenced to death row and about to be injected with a nedle) when you hadn't commited a crime. This is my favorite line in the bible, b/c if even christ can doubt the lord sometimes, then I can forgive myself for doing the same.
';Selah'; and ';gertystorrud'; have it right.


Jesus was totally alone for the first time during His humanity.


His resurrection and reception back with His Father is the evidence that He was not let down and that He will not let us down either (provided we faithfully follow Him and obey His Ten Commandments).
God was too busy laughing his socks off to help jesus.


but god died laughing very shortly after jesus died so that's the end of it so can we forget all about this god and jesus thing now 2000 years is long enough for something that is basically a load of bollocks
Its just the same with Abraham. God intervened at the very last second to prove a point. God took Jesus when Jesus finally realized he was ready to descend his way to God. The moment Jesus said, ';I release my spirit unto you.'; then Jesus breathed his last breath and his spirit was released unto God the Father.
Mmmmmm! Your question certainly has provoked a wide variety of answers - some from people who profess to be Christians I see. There are a few things I will tell you before I answer your question...The Bible is not to be taken literally and if you read it you will see there are loads of contradictions in it. With regards to the New Testament which deals with the life of Jesus, most, if not all of it was written years after His 'death', written mostly in Greek then translated and as such some of the original meanings have been lost to us - bits of ancient Greek do not translate well into English. The cruxifiction of Christ and his resurrection are the corner stones of Christianity.. but it has been embellished and changed, as have many stories that have been passed down throughout the ages. There are 2 counter hypothesis that appeal to me somewhat. The first one is that Jesus never really died on the cross but was given a drug that induced a death like state. Jesus was an Essene, and these people were adept with drugs. Joseph of Arimathea was also an Essene and it is proposed that he put the drug in the vessel that the Roman guard used to give Jesus a drink. He dipped a sponge into a bucket that contained what he thought was vinegar and gave it up to Jesus to drink on a stick. It is documented that Joseph went to Pilate and asked for the body of Christ..,Pilate, bored with the whole thing, gave him permission to take the body down . This in itself was highly unusual for the Romans did not normally release bodies so readily especially someone seen as a threat to them even when 'dead'. The other theory, which I also like, proposes that Jesus was not crucified at all but it was his brother James that took his place.





Another thing I think you should consider is that Jesus and God are NOT one. Jesus, like Mohammed (BBHN), and others, were prophets, representatives, if you like, of God sent down to spread the word.


If you can, read the Quoran (Koran), and you will see that even there, Jesus is accepted and recognized as a prophet...interesting isn't it?





There has been a lot of rubbish given to you in some of the answers below and no doubt what they say is very sincere and they actually do believe it - but read things with an open mind and you will find the truth!
He was quoting from the book of Elijah, I believe it was.





Try reading The Case for Christ, it's got three whole chapters on what happened concerning the Resurrection and what happened and why and how and the reliability.
Yes,


firstly i believe that Jesus was a prophet, not the Son of God. One of the reasons is that if he were, he would not have had all the temptations of shaytan like all other humans have. I havent time to quote at the moment, but that is just one of the reasons!
Jesus was God in the flesh and He was also human. He felt pain just as we do. He was compassionate just as we are. Every emotional feeling we go through, he went through as well.





He knew He was about to go through a horrible and painful death. He knew what He was about to go through would be torture. He was asking God why He had abandoned Him. God had to leave Jesus in order for Him to be crucified on the Cross. Jesus knew this was what He was born to do. To die on the Cross and take upon Himself the sins of the world. Yet, He felt all alone. He felt as if God had abandoned Him.





But these were not Jesus' last words. He also said, ';46Jesus called out with a loud voice, ';Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.'; When he had said this, he breathed his last. Luke 23:46





Although He had felt as if God abandoned Him at one point, He knew that God would be right there once He had fulfilled what He was put on this earth to do. Now He reigns Supreme sitting at the right hand of God.
noone let our Lord down in the end. He knew exactly what He was doing. He was God. He also was man. As a man, he felt sorrowful. In truth God never forsake His beloved son Jesus. But Jesus was expressing his human feelings. The father said he was well pleased with his beloved son, and this never changed especially after Jesus completed the work that the father had given him to do. He did God's will perfectly.
He is God's son in a mortal body, and for a moment feeling the pain of a dying human man. That was the only time throughout Jesus entire imprisonment, torture, and severe beatings that He spoke that way, His body was human.
no, it means he took all our sins on himself, god cant stand sin and for that moment Jesus paid the price as he was separated from the Father.





If that happened to Jesus.. imagine what will happen to YOU.. a person who deserves punishment like the rest of us... accept Jesus' gift of salvation while you can
Yes He was a normal human being, He died like a human being should die. He said before that It was the Father's power that He's able to do miracles. He live as a man lived and die.
Because he had the sins of man on his shoulder and if you read the bible when adam and eve sinned they lost commune with god. But now Jesus has the sins of those and those to come on him so god would not look to him. Peace be upon him.
Lol to some of the other answers.





Makes me wonder though. Ok, assuming it was real, and God did his turn back on Jesus because he had all the sins of man on him, doesn;t that mean Jesus died with sins? Shouldn't he have gone to hell?
At that exact moment His Father God for the first time ever turned and looked away from His holy Son as He hung there dying because God could not bear to look upon the sins that were on Jesus' shoulders!





Can you imagine how Jesus must have felt at that time?





WARNING!





Will God one day turn and look away from you? Will He say, ';Get thee out of My face?';





Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?








Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
The general understanding is that God cannot be one with sin, and when Christ was dying for our sins he had to separate himself from the Son. It's the Son who makes intercession between us and the Father. Jesus is quoting a passage from Psalm 22 about his crucifixion.
i think it was like why have u let me die sort of thing when you put me here , think about it if u was being sent somewhere to be sacrafied for someone eles sins you would be like ehhh naw.
You have to read the entire psalm that He was quoting


Read Psalm 22 in its entirety.
At that very moment ALL sin was placed upon Him and The Father turned His Back away. :(
of COURSE he was a normal person, thats the point! anyone can fight for humanity if you really want to!
That is the way IJR always read it.
The movie, ';The Last Temptation of Christ'; may answer this for you.
Hang About
Yeah, he was having doubts. It is not a sin to be nervous while you are being having nails in your wrists. He didn't know.
another ancient god that dies before jesus said the same thing to Jupiter the father god...all myth
it is all a fairy story
Jesus knew that any worthwhile Jew around him would know the Scripture that he was referring to. It was a chapter with prophecy about himself. Even if they didn't recall it properly at the time it would have echoed in their brains and made them uneasy for what they had done. See verse 18 in particular, that was exactly what happened, they did draw lots for Jesus' clothes. They did say to him to come down from the cross.





Psalm 22


1 [[To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.]] My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [why art thou so] far from helping me, [and from] the words of my roaring?





2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.





3 But thou [art] holy, [O thou] that inhabitest the praises of Israel.





4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.





5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.





6 But I [am] a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.





7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, [saying],





8 He trusted on the LORD [that] he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.





9 But thou [art] he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope [when I was] upon my mother's breasts.





10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou [art] my God from my mother's belly.





11 Be not far from me; for trouble [is] near; for [there is] none to help.





12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong [bulls] of Bashan have beset me round.





13 They gaped upon me [with] their mouths, [as] a ravening and a roaring lion.





14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.





15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.





16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.





17 I may tell all my bones: they look [and] stare upon me.





18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.





19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.





:20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.





21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.





22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.





23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.





24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.





25 My praise [shall be] of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.





26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.





27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.





28 For the kingdom [is] the LORD'S: and he [is] the governor among the nations.





Mark 15


34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?





God showed that He definitely had not forsaken him for He raised him from the dead. He is the firstfruits of the dead.
he was just talking to himself


lol





duhh remember the trinity?
he didnt say nuffin 2 god


they dont existttt.
fiction!... just my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment